Monday, January 16, 2012

My Reminder


This is what my house looks like...most of the time. To my embarrassment and frustration the house is messy in the background of most of my photos. I only have one little one who is mobile but the immobile one (for now) has her own way of contributing to the mess. I came across this poem the other day and thought I should get it tattooed on me. Well, maybe not a tattoo. Maybe I'll just settle for posting it on the refrigerator door (if I could only find a blank space among all the animal, letter and number magnets...) My little ones will only be little for such a little while.

Gone Not Gone

With the kids gone

I sleep in a messy house

That I may wake up

Within the illusion

not gone

From Mother time: Poems New and Selected by Joanne Arnott

2 comments:

  1. A messy house is a sign that you are having fun. Enjoy the days, there will always be time to pick up when the kids are gone. It goes way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being happy is much more important than being neat!!

    ReplyDelete