Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ten Dollars

This summer we participated in a multi-family garage sale. While the primary goal of ridding ourselves of many things we didn't want or need was accomplished, I also picked up a few baby things along the way. Our best acquisition was this awful old, horrid, garrishly coloured gymini. Before Moses was born I swore that I would never allow one of these "things" in my home and that, surely, my child would be amused with more subtle, tasteful objects of entertainment.
Shoot, y'all. Best $1o I've spent! Sure, I get overstimulated even looking at it, but it gurantees me showers in the mornings and for that I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Love the "y'all". All my cousins down south say that. You can take the girl out of Texas but you can't take the Texas our of the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh -- we didn't want to get Emily lots of garish toys either, but she played on a play mat at someone's house and cried when we took her away, so we got her one.

    Hours of fun :-)

    -- Gordon Tisher

    ReplyDelete