Being entertained by Moses (off camera) while Mommy unloads groceries.
Moses and his "camera smile."
Our four favourite dinosaurs underwent surgery. ("Sharptooth" shown here.)
Our new place to play and store toys is on the stairs. Ideally, I rotate what toys are there every couple of days. One day I tried to enlist Moses' help in this chore because it's the last thing I want to do when the kids are in bed, but he was devastated, not understanding what I meant by swapping or rotating. He thought I was getting rid of his toys and taming that fear cost more emotional effort than doing the job myself, elf-like.
Morning scene from our house.
Enjoying Easter crafts. (Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa Bruce!)
Jeremy had the cute idea to have the dinosaur hatch the Easter eggs. He even kindly shredded some paper for the dinosaur's nest. Silly me, though, forgot about the hatching eggs for a little too long. One day (weeks later) I kept smelling something awful and tracked it down the patient nesting dinosaur. Out those eggs went and it was into the wash for the mama dinosaur!
Thanks to Aunt Marilyn we had another care package and enjoyed all of it--even down to the cardboard box!
Looking through the tunnel.
Moses is still a binge sticker user. He puts them on all at once, enjoys moving them around for a few minutes, sometimes longer, and then rips them all off, squishes them into a ball and vigorously throws them away.
Back when the bumbo was still a regular part of our days. Somewhere between 6 and 9 months (present) girl face learned to launch herself out of the Bumbo and onto her head. Rats.
A special occasion: Getting to eat lunch in Daddy's home office!
What's for lunch? Why, grilled cheese, of course!
Looking waaay too grown up here. (To me, at least. I know I'll look back at this picture in a few years and only see a babyfaced boy.)
Cates hanging out on a handmade quilt that was mine when I was a baby.
Moses tolerating Cates's hair grabbing.
So grateful for some warm things to wear from Pate. Our Spring was a little cooler than I'd anticipated and this sweater was perfect.
Trying on Dad's cap.
Helping me dye some silk for play. Hopefully I'll post about this soon. We had fun!
In a rare burst of energy and creativity we had some fun doing activities based on a favourite (at the moment) library book CookieBot. In the story the protagonists (a little boy and his stuffed horse) take down a giant cookie eating, city destroying robot by feeding him a huge rainbow sugar cookie which gives him a sugar crash. Here Moses plays a memory game trying to find matching colored M&Ms hidden beneath the cups--make a match, eat the prize.
Moses feeding the CookieBot a rainbow sugar cookie.
The aforementioned rainbow sugar cookies. (Thanks again for the recipe, Nana Dru!)
The last picture (sniff) of Cates in the Moses Basket. Cates made it a full three months longer in the Moses basket than Moses did. Technically she still fits in it even at nine months, but there's no room to stretch or sprawl and baby girl likes to do both.
Moses trying his hand at squeezing fresh orange juice. We didn't get too far. :)
This picture is here so I will remember. This is a bug. This bug is just outside of our front door on the way up the steps. The bug has disintegrated quite a bit since Moses started his ritual. For whatever reason that we'll never know Moses would stop, stoop down, declare to whoever would listen that "Ew, there's a bug! There's a bug, (insert Mom or Dad or both Mom and Dad)." He would then blow on it. Satisfied, he'd move on and continue up the stairs. The poor bug, although quite dead to begin with, was blown to bits by Moses for months until it disappeared altogether. Just thought I'd write it down so I can look back at this little thing that was part of our going-out-the-door routine when he was 3.
Out for a walk in the woods at Watershed Forest Preserve.
Moses was on the lookout. He periodically fashions his hands into binoculars and looks intently for...whatever.
Whoops! Taking a spill off of a log, curbing any further desire for future log jumping on this trip. :(
He really face-planted.
Jeremy and I continue to be grateful that although Moses is destructive,
he's not accident prone. This incident was probably the worst he's been
hurt so far in his short life. (It's his eyelid that's scraped--the
green residue around his mouth is from a recent popsicle. :))
Ah, homemade popsicles. Moses is eating his favourite version--mango, banana and spinach.
(don't knock it till you've tried it!) I'm not a big cook but I enjoy
creating different concoctions for these treats. More than that I love saying "YES" to Moses' query: Can I have a popsicle? For breakfast?
Moses enjoyed playing around some cars on display at a nearby mall. They didn't have a playplace at this mall and Moses didn't seem to care!
Hey, girl!
such great pictures! and "binge sticker user." so great. I love it all. We miss you and those little kiddos.
ReplyDeletelove love love all these, and that candy matching game?! Genius! You are such an amazing mom, I want to be like you when I grow up!
ReplyDeleteThanks for wanting to be like me...but you might be interested in my amazing source and friend Kristina. She's got a million more ideas on her blog.
Deletehttp://mommyingmonkeys.blogspot.ca
Wonderful pictures, Liesel. We really enjoyed them. Thank you so much for sharing your family with us. I am now curious about your fruit and veg pops. I too might enjoy them for breakfast.
ReplyDeleteAwww, these pictures are so sweet! I love them!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Liesel! Erin Lamb told me about your blog and I am so glad to see your precious family! Your kiddos are super cute :) How is life in Vancouver?
ReplyDeleteWas thinking about you lately and was sad to lose touch..couldn't find you on Facebook..so Erin told me about your blog. I don't blog, but enjoyed reading yours! Hope all is well!!
Jenny (Lindquist) Worsham