A few months ago I blogged about the beginning of a family feud.
Part two has finally arrived, just in time for Super Bowl Sunday.
While we were in Texas in January Moses received his fair share of Dallas Cowboys indoctrination. At the beginning of our stay he spoke a timid "cowboys" and by the end of the week he was shouting with the best of them. My Dad, aka "gDad" would like to thank Nana Dru, Aunt Rosalynn, Uncle Bob, Cousin Megan, et al for their support. Uncle Wilson, we felt your support even from abroad.
Part two has finally arrived, just in time for Super Bowl Sunday.
While we were in Texas in January Moses received his fair share of Dallas Cowboys indoctrination. At the beginning of our stay he spoke a timid "cowboys" and by the end of the week he was shouting with the best of them. My Dad, aka "gDad" would like to thank Nana Dru, Aunt Rosalynn, Uncle Bob, Cousin Megan, et al for their support. Uncle Wilson, we felt your support even from abroad.
Being the true diplomat that he is, Moses can be heard randomly piping "Go Packerboys!" around the house. It's a draw so far as to which grandad is winning in the art of sport-fan-making.
Shortly after we arrived home Moses was sitting on the potty and I asked, "Go pee pee?" To wish he replied, "No. Go COWBOYS!" Fans and foes could argue for that either way. :)
Well....as I watched Moses being "prompted" to say "Cowboys", I harkened back to the days of the Symbianese Liberation Army and Patty Hearst! Who knows what things were being promised/threatened (off-camera) to coerce this little boy to turn away from his "true" first love, the Green Bay Packers. I guess even a two-year old has his breaking point!
ReplyDeleteIf you wish to see Moses' REAL feelings, please scroll down to his Packers posting.
Enjoy watching that scratchy copy of your 1993 VCR of the Cowboys' last Super Bowl. Maybe you could contact Roger Staubach thru AARP and see if he's got one more season left in him!
Enjoy watching the true "America's Team" today....The Green Bay Packers!!
Grandpa Bruce
This post is one of the greatest things I've ever read in the history of fandom. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
ReplyDelete