Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Knitwit

I am a novice when it comes to knitting. The last thing I knit was a purse for my Mom five years ago but Moses recently gave me new inspiration to dust off my knitting needles. A hat! I was going to knit him a little toque! Well, to make a long story short, I got the gauge ('measurements' to those of you unfamiliar with the knitting world) wrong on it and made it too big.
WAY too big.
Ridiculously large.

The pictures don't do the monstrosity justice as it hangs on Jeremy's head, too. If the brim weren't rolled up in that last picture you wouldn't be able to see Moses' face. However, I must point out that though exorbitantly large, its proportions are perfect. If only I knew a giant to give it to. Any ideas on how I could actually use it? A tea cosy has crossed my mind but I'm not really a tea cosy kind of girl. Points to anyone who suggests a winning idea!

3 comments:

  1. Run a wire along the edge of the opening, suspend it upside down using two other wires hung from the ceiling, and it becomes a stuffed animal nest for above his bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you knitted it with wool, you could felt it and it might end up about the right size

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knit a long strap, maybe add a button, and you've got a bag.

    Try shrinking it in the wash and/or felt it? I don't know how to felt things, but it sounds like might work

    Are you trying again with the correct gauge?

    ReplyDelete